21 June - Muston moths


Minimum temperature 12.8 Centigrade. There were showers throughout the night.
Number of moth species 13.

New species of the garden this year included a clouded border (Lomaspilis marginata) and an eyed hawkmoth (Smerinthus ocellata).



I have just purchased Adobe Photoshop CS4 and the Nik software suite in order to produce more art from my photography. I am therefore hoping to concentrate a little more on landscape photography and I shall continue to make the bulk of the entries in the blog insects and moths, as these can be done at any time or place. I shall continue to run my moth trap four or five times a week, finding it hard to run it on a Monday and Wednesday because of work commitments. In the coming week I'm on call at Scarborough Hospital and therefore it is often difficult to process the images in time to put them on the blog, so I may have to backdate entries towards the end of the week, however I shall endeavour to update the blog as soon as possible.

Straw dot (Rivula sericealis)

No comments: