14 March - the Yorkshire coast

Some photos from this week:

Scarborough Spa
This is a single image processed in Photomatix Pro to increase detail and then put through ColorEfex Pro with a 'glamour glow' filter then converted in to black and white in Photoshop CS4.



Scarborough South Bay
Taken from Holbeck, this is a long exposure for 150 seconds at 0530 in  the morning.


Wigeon
Taken from Scalby Mills.



Colours
Here is something different.


The Grand
This is a refection at sunrise and then inverted to give more of an impressionistic feel.


Here are 3 sunrises from Scarborough South Bay (two of which I included in a previous post). The first is traditional, the second and third are impressionistic:


Orange sunrise 1


Orange sunrise 2


Orange sunrise 3


Let me know which one of these you prefer and why.

Many have asked me about my new style. I have to say that I now feel as though I am creating art, as there has been more discussion regarding impressionistic photos than anything else I have done. It seems that you either love it or hate it. Isn't this what art is? The stimulation of emotion.

No comments: