19 June 2011 - Dalby Forest

Staindale Lake


The family and I spent a day at Dalby Forest and after lunch took a walk around The Bridestones.

Path to Bridestones

Power of trees
 Whilst walking in old woods one cannot help but be awed by the size and power of the trees. I wanted to capture this and I am reasonably pleased with this Lensbaby single-glass lens capture that has been turned into monochrome in Lightroom. I get the impression that power emanates from the trunk of the front tree.

Bracken breaks through

The Bridestones I

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hello Karl.

Really liking the photos of Dalby Forest and the way they pull you into the wood.

I made a recording of the birds in Dalby Forest when we camped there last September that you might enjoy.

http://sonotaphonomy.blogspot.com/2010/11/birdsong-from-dalby-forest.html

Chris W