Talks in North Yorkshire

I have been busy in the last month having given two talks and spent a week in Cumbria photographing The Lake District National Park again.

Saltburn pier VII


The first talk was on how we perceive photographs and how the eye can be tricked into seeing what we want it to see. This was to the Scarborough Photographic Society. I used my fine art monochrome images to illustrate the talk and demostrated Gestalt theories of perception.

Round house, Whitby


This week I did a talk to York Medical Society on Apertures: The art of a colorectal surgeon. I again used my monochrome landscape images to take the audience on a journey down the Yorkshire coast from Saltburn to The Humber Bridge. This was not a photographic lecture as such but I did talk a little on techniques used.

Filey Bay night study II


Thank you to all who attended both these talks and the excellent feedback I have received.


Humber Bridge I

No comments: