23 Sept - Hunmanby Gap

Hunmanby Gap study 5

I dashed here for the sunrise today when there was a hint of pink developing. This was one of the occasions that my weather forecasting sites on the net had let me down predicting complete cloud clover. Unfortunately the full moon last night was completely hidden by clouds once again - I checked throughout the night! That means I have not managed a single photo of the full moon or by it's light this year so far as there has been cloud cover every full moon. Well there is always next month.


Hunmanby Gap has a cafe and not much else, except vast beaches - the best place for locals in summer as the tourists do not flock here as much as Filey and Scarborough.
High tide was only a couple of hours before I arrived and so it was still up. The sea was calm and so I even photographed from within it. This is helped by the beach being rather flat. There are no rocks and so one has to create foreground interest, such as using patterns in the sand as shown here.

No comments: