Always carry a camera

Once a photographer, always a photographer. Can you switch it on and off?

I don't think so and therefore I always have a camera with me. Here is a case in point. I was driving home the other night and looking about me as I always do when I realised the clouds were clearing. By the time I got near There was blue sky and fast moving clouds - my favourite weather - and the rain had stopped. What's more the clouds were moving across the sky in such a way that I knew one of my favourite fields would potentially yield a great minimalist long exposure. With the gear in the car I could stop and get my shot.

I was pleased with the result and as the clouds were moving so fast got a couple of very different images with and without the sun on the field. If I had not got my camera I would have missed the chance or had to get home and then go out again.

Here is one of them:

Folkton field IV
Nikon D800E 16-35 25secs at f16
Processed in Adobe Lightroom Photoshop CS5 and Nik Silver Efex 2

No comments: