Flamborough - be careful walking on the Yorkshire coast

Summer Rose in winter
Nikon D800E 16-35 30secs@f13

There is a lot of coastal erosion in this area and with all the wet weather we have had and the freezing nights the coastal paths are extremely slippery.

The car park at Thornwick Bay is closed as it is on a field and that is basically just a pool of mud.

Whilst taking these images I went full length and injured a finger, which I caught in my tripod. That is one of the pitfalls of photography - you watch the gear more than yourself and when you fall you usually look after the camera first - if you have time to think. Certainly the last couple of times I have slipped - on wet rocks and mud - I have saved the camera in preference to me. Daft, but essentially reflex.


Flamborough North Landing X
Nikon D800E 45 PCE - stitch of 3 images
So tread carefully and be aware.

No comments: