Roaming in Rome

Once again we are in Rome and have been for the last week. We are waiting to fly back to the UK today.

This is our second recent visit to the capitol city of Italy and it was very different from the last. Not only was the last in May when it was hot and dusty, but this was in winter when there was rain, cold and even temperatures around freezing. We had thunder too. Unlike last time the hotel was slightly further out from the tourist sites and I shall outline the lessons from this when we return. In fact I have several lessons to point out about travelling as a photographer with a project and images in mind. My aim was to capture the people of Rome, the tourists, and how they contribute to the city. The impressions I got of Rome this time were noise, chaos and graffiti and dirt. I hope to portray this more in my images than the last trip where I aimed to look at the romanticism. Both trips I hoped to portray the juxtaposition of the history and the modern.




For images from the previous trip look at the Rome gallery by clicking here.

No comments: