Armed Forces Day Scarborough 2013

Red Arrows over Filey II

This was a day when thousands of people descended on `Scarborough as the Red Arrows were displaying. The facilities were said by many to be inadequate. Those of us who live in the area and carry out our life in Scarborough on Saturdays regretted having to go in and out of the town that day.

When I was free all the available spaces were taken and so the family and I went to Filey and I set up to photograph the whole display from there. This was thought out because the sun was likely to be right where the planes were flying - and so it happened according to friends who based themselves on the beach or in the town. I also wanted the castle in the background.


Red Arrows over Scarborough I
We watched the whole display and followed the planes flying in and out over Filey. The display was great with the backdrop of the castle.



Red Arrows descend on Scarborough


Second World War flypast I

No comments: