London in the rain

I love bad weather. Why? Because it is challenging photographically. You have to find a way to depict the bad weather as well as the place you are photographing as well as protect yourself and your gear.

I spent a week in London in May and have just about finished selecting the images I like for the website. Most of the week was dull, with non-variable grey sky. However a couple of days it really rained. I managed to protect the camera under an umbrella and tried to get some shots that showed Londoners continuing about their business. Here are some of these shots.

Millenium Bridge in the rain from St Paul's
Nex 7 Lensbaby Edge 80

Peter's Hill in the rain from St Paul's
Nex 7 Lensbaby Edge 80

Millenium Bridge in  the rain I
Nex 7 Lensbaby Edge 80

Millenium Bridge in  the rain II
Nex 7 Lensbaby Edge 80

Millenium Bridge in  the rain IV
Nex 7 Lensbaby Edge 80

Peter's Hill in the rain II
Nex 7 Lensbaby Edge 80
I used a Lensbaby to blur the edges and increase a feeling of misery which I heightened by developing the images dark.

I am heading to London again now and will continue my look at nature and how it interacts with the capitol. As well as how a city uses nature in the landscape. I will be posting some of these images in the  coming week.

No comments: