21 Aug - impressionism

Ghost ship
The above image was shot in March this year and shows one of the tourist boats out of Bridlington harbour. It is one of my impressionist photos created by moving the camera during a slow exposure and is taken towards sunset to get the colour in the sky.

The images below are 2 of my favourite Monet-esque photos which are also created by shaking the camera during the exposure. With this technique you never quite know what you are going to get and the image depends on the speed of movement, amount of light and the length of time the shutter is open. Experimentation is paramount.

Rhodedendron wood

Through the wood

Here is one of my monochrome landscape taken on the recent trip to Argyll. It was taken at sunrise as a long exposure to get the dynamism of the sky and to smooth out the water.

Loch Etive
It is part of my 'Obsenity of Filth' project, in which I am documenting what I feel to be man's negative influence on the landscape. In this image there is the pylon and wires stretching across this gorgeous view. Other images I have displayed so far from this project include Double desecration on 2nd May.


No comments: